Wednesday, November 27, 2024

Final Project Idea- Kristiana Zulaybar

 The subject of my project is about having “two identities.” Being an immigrant for almost 9 years, I have adapted to the lifestyle here in the United States but at the same time I have this feeling that I don’t belong here or that I do not really fit in. But during my recent visit in the Philippines, I was expecting to feel at home but instead felt disconnected to my home country. I've realized  that there have been a lot of changes and I felt a bit foreign. For this project, I will do mixed media, a painting and using images/collage(not sure). The project is inspired by Frida Kahlo’s artworks such as “Two Fridas” and the “Self portrait on the borderline between Mexico and the United States”.  I showcase the two sides of my identity where the left side is the United States but the clothing I wear is a traditional philippine costume and the background is United states related imagery. And The right side is the Philippines but I’m wearing a normal clothing but I'm holding into somethings (maybe something string like) or something that would represent as something that disconnects in my body. I have also written my name “Kristiana Nicole” Nicole is my middle name but in the Philippines, most people there call me Nicole rather than my first name Kristiana. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Self Portrait Final- Vee

  I Just Am, Vee 2024 My final project, I Just Am , is a series of three collage pieces exploring my experience with the gender spectrum. ...