Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Week 5 video : Jacilia Rucker-Glasper






I created this video because I was feeling anxious while preparing for an event. In the recording, I can be seen fidgeting and moving around a lot, so I decided to eat a piece of candy to help calm my nerves.


Beginning 

1. Sitting on the table

2. chatting with Eboard

Process

1. Breathing

2. Stretching

Ending

1. crossing legs 

2. Eating candy 




“The whole idea is to slow down your mind,” Abramović says in the footage about activities such as swimming naked in a river, chanting and sitting blindfolded in a chair as she paces around beating a pellet drum.

Except she’ll say: “I’m going to work.” When she wakes up, she will have had a dream. And then she’ll make her work.”


The text describes performance artist Abramović's unconventional activities, including cooking traditional Thai dinners in museums and relocating gallery contents. Abramović emphasizes the importance of slowing down the mind through activities like swimming naked in a river, chanting, and sitting blindfolded in a chair. She also mentions her creative process, involving dreams and subsequent work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self Portrait Final- Vee

  I Just Am, Vee 2024 My final project, I Just Am , is a series of three collage pieces exploring my experience with the gender spectrum. ...