Tuesday, October 29, 2024

WEEKLY SELFIE 6 - COLLAGE YOSELIS

 



Brave, YDJM.


"Wangechi Mutu features gorgeously grotesque creatures that range from amusingly freakish to macabre. Using ink and collage on Mylar or paper, she combines humans, animals and machines in seamless and commanding compositions full of small moments of discovery and random elements that may betray only an oblique relation to the overall image".

"As Hannah Höch once wrote: “Photomontage could be used not merely to produce things heavy with political meaning . . . but . . . one could also regard it as a means of self-expression and eventually arrive at purely aesthetic works".

These quotes inspired me to make this collage using the letters from the word "BRAVE." I created a figure with these letters to represent the core of the word itself. I wanted to move away from standard collage techniques by using something as simple and familiar as letters to produce new image.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Self Portrait Final- Vee

  I Just Am, Vee 2024 My final project, I Just Am , is a series of three collage pieces exploring my experience with the gender spectrum. ...