#Finding Peace-October 8,2024
"Yoko Ono - A Groundbreaking Artist, Activist and Fighter behind the Myth of her Name"
By: Bob Lansroth
Quote 1- Even her earlier pieces often demanded the viewers’ participation and forced them to become involved with the artwork.
Response- This comment made me realize that Yoko Ono's artwork was so intriguing that viewers could be curious in how she came up with it.
Quote 2- "Her work has always been an indivisible element of her activism and life-long mission of communicating with the world at large".
Response 2- The observation made me realize that her art was a reflection of who she was and what she stood for.
Performance, Pedagogy, and Philosophy
By: Edra Soto and Shaun Leonardo
Response- What I got up from that statement was that seeing him transports your thoughts to other locations and offers you something to ponder about. When people are fascinated with something, their minds travel.
Quote 2-Yes. I offer that narrative with the recognition that, over my life and professional career, I have witnessed young people be easily derailed when they don’t see themselves in the representation of who is creating".
Response- What I took from this quote was Shaun Leonardo he built his self to be the person he is today, but children today are as motivated because they are missing something. Such opportunities are unavailable to them, causing them to lose motivation or become "derailed" in pursuing their own artistic or professional goals.
An Introduction to Performance Art
Saya Woolfalk
No place: A Ritual of the Emphatics 2009
Performance
1.This image represents love and happiness, and I see myself in these images. Not only because my hair is currently rainbow-colored, but I believe in happiness and peace for everybody, and I have a very bubbly personality; I am always smiling, and even on my worst days, I find joy in everything.Eye Body Portfolio, 1963
2. I thought picture was very brave especially in the 1900s for women, they were not allowed to express themselves too much. I especially thought it was truly a sign of feminism to be able to take the photos she took.





No comments:
Post a Comment