Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Weekly Selfie 2 - Nissy Amaya

 


                                           Nissy Amaya , Bubble Effect, 2024 





                                                  Cindy Sherman, Ugly Beauty, 1980 



Source : NY Times Ugly Beauty

Quotes :  ‘Don’t forget about me!’ It was easy to erase myself and put on somebody else’s face and say, ‘Maybe now you guys will remember me,’ or ‘How about this face or that character?

“Nobody’s here but me,”

I chose these two quotes because it explains the kind of person you want to be remembered. Like Cindy Sherman wanted to be remembered as an artist who had different perspective of photography. She was a successful person who would independently take photography by herself. All focus is on yourself like the song of  Bebe Rexha called me myself & I. 





                                                    Nissy Amaya, Shock Face, 2024 





                                           Cindy Sherman, Untitled Film Still #4, 1978 


Source : Moma 

Quotes :  “A number of younger artists are very much indebted to Sherman in their exploration of not just identity but also the nature of representation. "

 “I still like the idea of challenging myself through the more hands-on methods, only because I think it’s more challenging when you are limited,” Sherman says.

I chose these two quotes because it's about discovering your identity and how nature surrounds you. Like what is your interests and what are you passionate about. Cindy Sherman wanted to strive herself to have different methods when taking photography. She noticed that it would be difficult for her since she is the only one who is taking the photography by herself and nobody's there to help her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Self Portrait Final- Vee

  I Just Am, Vee 2024 My final project, I Just Am , is a series of three collage pieces exploring my experience with the gender spectrum. ...