My performance is based on the journey I'm on of being who I am, comfortably and unapologetically. So much so it radiates through me. I wrote an instruction piece that inspired this performance:
TIME
1. Pick up the remote.
2. Watch as your life goes by.
3. Relive moments.
4. Play with the ways you identify.
5. Fast Forward.
6. Look at who've you become.
Oct 2024, MB.
My other written instruction pieces include:
FEAST
- Grab a knife from the kitchen drawer
- Ensure it's sharpness
- Cut self open
- Remove heart from chest
- Hand off for a feast
- Watch as they take & eat in remembrance of the.
Oct 2024, MB.
IN PIECES
- Stand in front of the mirror.
- Embrace your reflection.
- Pick up your hairbrush.
- Shatter what you see.
Oct 2024, MB.
Being Marina Abramović, Even When No One’s Looking
"Abramovic's work often tests her own physical limits and the intentions of her audience: she has allowed the people around her to do whatever they want to her with 72 objects including a gun loaded with a single bullet..."
I love that the artist is willing to use their body as art. Our bodies definitely have limitations so to see the artist go beyond that is inspiring. I don't think I ever thought about using my body/entire being for art. This just shows the dedication, willingness and strength of the artist.
"Many artists get their best ideas from their dreams or in a state of complete tranquillity. I hate the studio. It’s a trap to me. Ideas come from life."
I personally resonate with this quote. I consider myself an artist who refers to their dreams a lot. It is the foundation of my work. So I'm not surprised that many other artists do too. I also enjoyed reading how this artist identified as an artist since a child. I'd like to think I've done the same. Creating is all I know.
No comments:
Post a Comment