WEEKLY SELFIE - SIMPLE ACT OF PERFORMANCE 2- Shakeema Ellis
"Finding Peace"
I had to cut the film, which was lengthier, but it is a continuation of last week's photo series. It's a story about how far I've come in my quest for serenity, which school has helped me achieve. I've been on this trip for a while now, and I've sacrificed a lot of things and people to get here, but it was worth it. This is so out of character for me, and so different, yet I actually enjoyed it, and it was quite relaxing for me. I'm trying to adjust my attitude, my reactions, and find peace inside myself so that everything doesn't feel so overwhelming, and I'm recognizing that not everyone will agree with you or care about you; it's not personal; everyone is different, so this is me finding peace.
Being Marina Abramović, Even When No One’s Looking
1. “Choose a tree you like. Put your arms around the tree. Complain to the tree.
Response
1. This phrase encourages using the tree to vent frustrations or express sentiments in a safe, nonjudgmental atmosphere. Hugging the tree symbolizes a connection with nature, whereas moaning to it may signify venting or communicating your problems without expecting a response, merely for the purpose of emotional release.
Quote
1. “The whole idea is to slow down your mind,”
1. This quote stresses the significance of soothing and quieting the mind, most likely in the context of stress reduction, mindfulness, or meditation. It highlights the idea that mentally slowing down can provide clarity, attention, and a sense of calm.
No comments:
Post a Comment