Wednesday, December 4, 2024

Final Project - Nissy Amaya


                 Nissy Amaya, My Culture, 2024 

My project is called my culture. Basically it's about how El Salvador is different from the United States. I got this idea from Frida Kahlo because she had experienced the borderline between Mexico and the United States in 1932. She wore a bright traditional dress for cultural identification. She would also wear jewelry, cosmetics, and medical aids. Here in the United States she got an educated background. Kahlo had originally intended to become a medical professional. The first material I needed was a construction paper in order to do my project. On my project I started cutting pieces of construction paper to make a sunset. Then I used a cone made out of foam to make a volcano. I covered up the foam with brown construction paper. In order to make the explosion of lava I used food coloring. Next step I did was hot gluing the little farm. The little farm came with fake grass, fences,a farmer, horse, hay, cow, pig, chicken, dog, lamb, farm house, and tractor. To make the sky in the city I used light and dark blue construction paper to make a pattern. In order to make the buildings which were made out of foam I used white construction paper to cover it up. The windows and the doors I used black construction paper to cover it up. Then I did the road with black and white construction paper. Lastly I did a yellow pathway that I got inspired from The Wizard Of Oz because the significance was a course of action that a person takes believing that it will lead to good things. I made a butterfly in the yellow pathway because the butterfly symbolizes freedom to travel anywhere they want without being stopped. I also included myself in the project with my face on it and my body cutted out of a magazine. Interesting fact about San Salvador volcano El Boqueron is a natural oasis in the middle of El Salvador's largest city. Located at the top of the San Salvador volcano. Hiking lovers can go on an excursion, or just enjoy the local cuisine and relax in the many restaurants in the area, either day or night. The cattle you can see roaming around the Salvadoran country roads and fields still retain many of the original features, such as the long, floppy ears, the hump over the shoulder, and a flap of skin hanging loosely from the neck and underside. One of Frida’s Kahlo quotes "I paint flowers so they will not die". Her paintings often demonstrate her close observation of the natural world and her engagement with the plants she encountered in her daily life. Second quote "I don’t really know if my paintings are surreal or not, but I do know that they represent the frankest expression of myself.” Her painting makes her express how she feels. Third quote I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone, because I am the person I know best. Frida has always been a lonely woman but just having herself and her painting is enough company she needs.
Cited https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/31/arts/design/frida-kahlo-booklyn-museum.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self Portrait Final- Vee

  I Just Am, Vee 2024 My final project, I Just Am , is a series of three collage pieces exploring my experience with the gender spectrum. ...