Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Weekly Selfie 5: Performing A Dream Yoselis De Jesus Minyety


 




I approached random people around campus and asked them to look directly at the camera and smile, that was the instruction piece. My goal was to capture a close-up of their eyes, because I believe eyes can convey so much about a person. I then moved to a wider shot, showing a series of genuine smiles. This video connects deeply with my dream to be a filmmaker, as I aim to tell stories through visuals, often without relying on dialogue. In this case, I wanted to let expressions and little details speak for themselves. In other words:

"A picture is worth a thousand words"




“Don’t come to us; we come to you.”

I found this concept very interesting. Usually, we seek out art rather than having art seek us out. The more I think about it, the more it deep I think of art and our relationship with it, Questioning the traditional dynamic and bringing art directly into our everyday lives.



“It’s only five days. No food, no talking and heavy exercise.” 


I chose this quote because I believe everyone should experience something like this at least once in their life. It pushes you beyond your comfort zone, testing your limits and offering a new perspective on resilience and discipline.


                                 3 instruction pieces



New Thing


Look around you

Find something you wasn’t aware off

Tell the person next to you what you found


Yoyo-selis October



Stay


Go outside

Close your eyes

Stand for 3 minutes in the soon


Yoyo-selis October



Hi


Find someone random

Say hi

Say what you like about them


Yoyo-selis October




No comments:

Post a Comment

Self Portrait Final- Vee

  I Just Am, Vee 2024 My final project, I Just Am , is a series of three collage pieces exploring my experience with the gender spectrum. ...