Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Weekly Selfie 5: Performing A Dream - Kristiana Zulaybar

 NYTimes | Being Marina Abromovic


“I remember being so jealous of Mozart because he started composing when he was a young child. I knew it was too late for me to be a genius, but I tried my best.”

I find this quote relatable. As an artist, I also am jealous of other artists who became known for their works at such a young age, I dreamed of being a known artist that could also inspire others but for now all that matters to me is making art that makes me happy personally.


“Very early. I’m lucky I never doubted who I was. As a child, I was always painting the walls until my parents gave me a studio, which was just a small little room where I could do whatever I wanted.”


I also quite relate to this. I always knew when I was a child I was gonna do something in art in the future. I have also tried doing some “drawings” on the walls back when I was a child and my parents would have to always paint it over and they eventually just keep giving me sketch pads every time I start to reach for a sharpie. 



Instructions


Chill

Close the lights,

Shut the Curtains,

And Scream.

Go out of the room

And grab an ice cream.

'24 Fall afternoon 

Wish upon a star

Wait till its night time

Go out the house

Climb on a hill

Reach for the stars

Grab a star

And whisper your wish

Use a slingshot to send the star back to the universe.

Wait and see your wish to come true

'24 Fall Night

Take a piece of peace

Grab ingredients for a cake

Follow instructions carefully

Take time to do it

Do not be afraid to make tiny error

Bake the cake

Take a piece of the cake

Appreciate the taste 

Appreciate the effort you did

'24 Fall Night 

My performance video is me doing a project from another class where I need to re-design a book. I chose this as a performance video since it is a graphic design project and my dream ever since I was young was to become a graphic designer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self Portrait Final- Vee

  I Just Am, Vee 2024 My final project, I Just Am , is a series of three collage pieces exploring my experience with the gender spectrum. ...